Frequently asked questions:
Who can attend this program?
Healthcare professionals from all disciplines are welcome to attend this program. Support staff such as administrators and practice managers will also find the program of interest and applicable to their needs. Individuals working in other industries with a special interest in healthcare will also find this program beneficial.
How many CPD points are awarded for this program?
The South African Medical Association (SAMA) under the auspices of the of the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) has awarded this program 30 CPD, Level 1 points that includes Ethics.
Do I have to attend the whole program?
CPD certificates are only awarded to delegates who complete the full program
What platform are the webinars delivered on:
Henley Business Africa delivers the ‘Future-proof Your Healthcare Practice’ program using Zoom.
Where do I access the self-study materials?
All self-study materials are available on the Henley virtual learning platform
What happens if I miss a session?
All the webinars are recorded and accessible on the Henley virtual learning platform
What is the cost and how do I pay?
Attending the ‘Future-proof Your Healthcare Practice’ program costs ZAR 5,463.00 (incl. VAT) / US$ 342 / Euro 323 / GBP 303.50. Payments can be made via EFT or credit card. Please contact the Program Manager, Wilma De Souza on WilmaD@henleysa.ac.za or +27 65 940 1231 for more information.
- Improving access to care
- Balancing care quality and efficiency
- Costs and transparency
- Patient experience
- Delivery system transformation
- Data and analytics
- Interoperability/consumer data access
- Holistic individual health
- Next-generation payment models
- Accessible points of care
- Understanding business models to enhance your Practice
Time commitment: 6 x 2-hour live workshops on consecutive Wednesdays with leading academics and practitioners online, supported by self-study via Henley’s proprietary virtual learning platform. All live sessions are recorded and can be accessed via Henley’s learning platform.
Join us in this vibrant community-of-practice to learn and share with other healthcare professionals experiencing similar challenges and curiosities about the future of healthcare in South Africa and globally.
Upon successful completion of the course, health professionals will be able to:
- Understand and quickly comply with the new HPCSA, Medical aid and Medical malpractice insurers’ regulations governing remote consulting (also known as Telemedicine, Telehealth or Telepractice)
- Triage and follow up patients online, offer virtual appointments, and improve patient access and customer experience, while efficiently providing more patient centred, quality healthcare to those that need it most.
- Consult online as an additional and affordable service platform to conventional face-to face (F2F) and touch-based healthcare practices.
Duration and structure of this course
Duration: 7 weeks (consisting of a weekly 2-hour live online session and 1-hour self-study for 7 weeks, a total of 18 hours)
Format: Online face-to-face and self-study
Faculty: The programme is delivered by leading South African and international healthcare academics and practitioners.
30 CPD, Level 1 points that includes Ethics
Next intake: 08 March 2023
01 Navigating, innovating and connecting with the future healthcare ecosystem
02 Ensuring patient dignity, privacy and safety
03 Making virtual house calls and digitalising your practice operations
04 How to build your virtual consulting room
05 Creating the virtual pathways for optimum patient care and experience
06 Building your new Telepractice – a 90-day action plan
Do you have any questions?
Wilma is ready to assist with any additional information you might need.