What is a Section 12J VCC? We understand there are massive tax incentives and opportunities here, please explain? What kinds of risk do we face when investing our money into these funds? Gareth asks Etienne Louw, Senior Tax Advisor at Mazars, these questions and more during this excellent #AskAnExpert conversation.
Questions we explore with our expert:
- What is a Section 12J VCC? 1:26
- What, historically, has been a problem or issue with the tax incentives associated with Section 12J VCCs? 2:02
- How hard is it to get your 12J certificate from SARS? 3:28
- What do investors need to know before putting there money into 12J VC Companies? 4:02
- Where does the money go? What is it used for? 4:50
- How is the risk reduced? 5:14
- Where can improvements be made in the governing legislation? 7:00
- How do entrepreneurs access the funds and the fund managers? 13:08
- And many more.
Our guests and experts in the Henley Business Radio studio this week:
- Etienne Louw, Senior Tax Advisor at Mazars
Thanks for listening!
Thank you for listening to the show! If you found anything we shared of value to you, then it will surely be of value to your friends as well, so please share using the share options below.
Please also feel free to comment, leave questions, or give us feedback below.