Henley Business School – Africa (“Henley Africa”, a division of the University of Reading (Incorporated in the United Kingdom) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
What types of Personal Data do we Process?
The types of Personal Data that we may Process includes information necessary for our legitimate business interests and the categories of personal information identified in relevant data protection laws in the Republic of South Africa. This may include personal information which contains identifiable information such as (amongst other things) your first and last name, identity number, email address, postal address, telephone numbers, date of birth, and information related to your educational history (“Personal Data“).
We will attempt to limit the types of Personal Data we Process to only that to which you consent and which is necessary for our legitimate business interests. Should you not consent to providing Personal Data which is necessary for us in our legitimate interests, we reserve the right to not provide a Service.
How and when does Henley Africa collect Personal Data?
Henley Africa will collect your Personal Data in several ways, including:
- when you make use of the Services and Content on the Website;
- when you browse the Website;
- when we carry out demographic research;
- when you register an account on the website;
- should you be registered on a course, on the online learner support systems;
- when you give us information or supporting documents which we ask for on the Website;
- with your consent when you participate in peer or research activities;
- when you respond to us in written or electronic format such as through email or facsimile as required through interactions with us; and
- When you join or participate on social networks with Henley Africa-related groups, or with content considered public domain such as Twitter hashtags.
When you visit our Website, our web server also automatically records the name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the website from which you visit us, the pages on our sites you visit and in what sequence, and the date and length of your visit. This information is aggregate and anonymous data and does not identify you specifically.
How does Henley Africa use your Personal Data?
We may use your Personal Data to:
- provide services you request;
- to retain and make available to you information or via the Website;
- as a registered user, to notify and authenticate your identity when you view and access the designated area of the Website or other supporting databases such as student records;
- to verify your identity on the Website;
- allow you to participate in recreational activities on the Website or Learner Management Systems (e.g. participate in our message boards);
- inform you of changes made to our Website;
- inform you of additional services, courses, seminars, programmes offered by us which you may find interesting;
- respond to any queries you may have;
- develop a more direct relationship with you for the purposes described in this section;
- develop an online user profile;
- understand general user trends and patterns so we can develop and support existing and ongoing marketing strategies for our services;
- facilitate our legitimate business interests;
- with consent, as aggregate data for academic research; and
- for security, administrative and legal purposes.
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a computer whenever it is connected to the Internet. We log IP addresses, or the location of computers on the Internet.
We collect IP addresses for the purposes of system administration and to audit the use of the Website. We do not ordinarily link IP addresses to personal information, which means that your session may remain anonymous. However, we cannot guarantee that this will always be the case, as it may be necessary to identify a particular user when it is necessary to enforce compliance with the Terms or to protect our Website, its users or other interests.
What about Personal Data that is publicly available?
Will my Personal Data be used for marketing purposes?
If we obtain your prior consent, we may use your Personal Data for the purposes of:
- direct marketing of our own services and on behalf of other companies within Henley Africa;
- research marketing; and
- direct marketing of products and services on behalf of selected third parties, if you have agreed to your details being passed onto third parties.
You are entitled to request that we desist from using your Personal Data for the purposes of direct marketing, and we will provide you with the necessary functionality for you to do so with ease, each time we market to you.
What security measures are in place to protect my Personal Data?
Although absolute security cannot be guaranteed on the Internet, we have in place up-to-date, reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect your Personal Data against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, misuse, destruction or against unauthorised disclosure or access to the information we Process online.
While we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Data you provide us, we will continue to maintain and improve these security measures over time in line with legal and technological developments.
How will Henley Africa store my Personal Data?
We store your Personal Data in a customer relationship management database located in Henley Africa’ server rooms in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The Website is hosted on secure hosting services in South Africa.
Should you be a student, Personal Data may also be stored in our Learner Management System (Blackboard) hosted in Europe.
Should you be a debtor, relevant Personal Data will be stored in our Financial Management system in Johannesburg.
Should you consent to being a direct marketing subject, only your Electronic contact data will be provided to our marketing platform (CRM) hosted in Johannesburg.
If the location of the central database is located in a country that does not have substantially similar laws which provide for the protection of personal data, we will take the necessary steps to ensure that your Personal Data is adequately protected in that jurisdiction.
Will my Personal Data be shared with anyone else?
While we will attempt not to disclose any of your personal information to third parties, we may disclose your Personal Data to the following entities as part of a supplier or partnership relationship between Henley Africa and the third party:
- Mailchimp (Proprietary) Limited for marketing purposes;
- WeLoveIT (Proprietary) Limited, for hosting purposes;
- Blackboard for hosting purposes; and
- Metisware (Proprietary) Limited for CRM and hosting purposes.
Except when we have your permission or for purposes of our legitimate business interests, we do not guarantee that your personal information will not be shared with third parties without your permission.
You agree that your de-identified aggregate personal information may be shared under the following circumstances:
- to our holding companies, subsidiary companies, agents, advisers, service providers and suppliers;
- to monitor web traffic: web servers serving the Website automatically collect information about pages you visit. This information is used for internal review, to tailor information to individual visitors and for traffic audits. This information (as well as information from third-party market researchers), on an aggregated, anonymous basis, is provided to advertisers advertising on the Website. Should you provide personal information online as part of an online advertising promotion or in order to access a third party service, such information may be provided directly to the advertiser or the third party concerned;
- promotions: many promotions offer opportunities to request additional information from sponsors or third parties. When you request more information about a particular promotion, your e-mail address may be shared with the sponsor of that promotion;
- for statistics and advertisement purposes: we may perform statistical analyses in order to measure interest in the various areas of the Website (for product development purposes) and to inform advertisers as to how many consumers have seen or “clicked” on their advertising banners. We may also use aggregated demographic information to allow advertising banners on the Website to be targeted, in aggregate.
- government and law enforcement agencies: where the law requires that we disclose your personal information to a party, and where we have reason to believe that a disclosure of personal information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against a party who may be in breach of the Terms or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
How can I find out what Personal Data Henley Africa holds about me?
To see the Personal Data we have Processed through this Website that relates to you, to cancel it and/or to correct or update this Personal Data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, we will always give you the opportunity to update your preferences regarding our use of your Personal Data.
You will also have the right to object, at any time, to the Processing of your Personal Data and lodge a complaint with the regulatory authorities pursuant to any applicable data protection legislation.
To protect your privacy and security we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access. If you have any additional questions about Personal Data we hold about you, please contact us on the compliance details published at email@example.com
Use of the Website by children
The Website is not targeted at children under the age of 18. We will not knowingly collect information from persons in this age group.
How can I contact Henley Africa?
Website Terms and Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions (“the Terms and Conditions”) govern your (“the User”) use of the Henley Business School – Africa (“the Provider”) website located at the domain name henleysa.ac.za (“the Website”).
- The term ‘Henley Business School – Africa’, or ‘us’, ‘our’, or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website, Henley Business School – Africa Limited. Our registered address is 1 Witkoppen Road, Paulshof, Johannesburg. Our company registration number is 2009/023510/10. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our
- By using this Website or communicating with the Provider by electronic means, the user consents and acknowledges that any and all agreements, notices, disclosures, or any other communication satisfies any legal requirement, including but not limited to the requirement that such communications should be in
- The Provider cannot be held responsible for security breaches occurring on the User’s electronic device (Personal Computer or other electronic device used to browse the Website), which may result due to the lack of adequate virus protection software or spyware that the User may inadvertently have installed on his/her
- The User may visit the Website without providing any personal information. The Website servers will in such instances collect the IP address of the User computer, but not the email address or any other distinguishing information. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent at the Website, pages viewed, etc. The Provider uses this information to determine use of the Website, and to improve Content thereon. The Provider assumes no obligation to protect this information, and may copy, distribute or otherwise use such information without
3. Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights
- The Provider provides certain information on the Website. Content currently or anticipated to be displayed at this Website is provided by the Provider, its affiliates and/or subsidiary, or any other third party owners of such content, and includes but is not limited to Literary Works, Musical Works, Artistic Works, Sound Recordings, Cinematograph Films, Sound and Television Broadcasts, Program-Carrying Signals, Published Editions and Computer Programs, as well as the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics of the website (“the Content”). All such proprietary works, and the compilation of the proprietary works, are copyright the Provider, its affiliates subsidiary, or any other third party owner of such rights (“the Owners”), and is protected by South African and international copyright laws. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- The User may not access, display, use, download, and/or otherwise copy or distribute Content obtained on the website for marketing and other purposes without the consent of the
- Except as specified in these Terms and Conditions, the User is not granted a license or any other right including without limitation under Copyright, Trademark, Patent or other Intellectual Property Rights in or to the
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the
- The Provider reserve the right to make any changes to the Website, the Content, or to products and/or services offered through the Website at any times and without notice. All rights in and to the Content is reserved and retained by the Owners. You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Henley Business School – Africa’s prior written consent.
4. Limitation of liability
- The Website and all Content on the Website, including any current or future offer of products or services, are provided on an “as is” basis, and may include inaccuracies or typographical
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the availability, accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Neither Provider nor any holding company, affiliate or subsidiary of the Provider, shall be held responsible for any direct or indirect special, consequential or other damage of any kind whatsoever suffered or incurred, related to the use of, or the inability to access or use the Content or the Website or any functionality thereof, or of any linked website, even if Provider is expressly advised
- It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s), which shall be governed by their respective terms and conditions.
5. Governing Law & Jurisdiction
- This Website is controlled, operated and administered by Provider from its offices within the Republic of South Africa. Access to the Website from territories or countries where the Content or purchase of the products sold on the Website is illegal is
- The User may not use this Website in violation of South African export laws and regulations. If the User accesses this Website from locations outside of South Africa, that User is responsible for compliance with all local laws.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa, and the User consents to the jurisdiction of the Cape Town High Court in the event of any
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal
- Any person that delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to this Website or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this Website shall be prosecuted and civil damages shall be claimed in the event that Henley Business School – Africa suffers any damage or
- If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions are found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to give effect to the intent of these Terms and Conditions, and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in full force and effect. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the Provider and the User with regard to the use of the Content and this
6. Updating of these Terms and Conditions
- The Provider reserves the rights to change, modify, add or remove from portions or the whole of these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Changes to these Terms and Conditions will become effective upon such changes being posted to this Website. It is the User’s obligation to periodically check these Terms and Conditions at the Website for changes or updates. The User’s continued use of this Website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the User’s acceptance to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, including such changes or
- These terms and conditions shall continue indefinitely, as amended by Henley Business School – Africa from time to time, for so long as the Website exists and is operational, Henley Business School – Africa being entitled to terminate these terms and conditions and/or shut down the Website at any
7. Contacting Us
Postal address: P.O. Box 2890, Paulshof, Johannesburg, 2091, South Africa
Contact: 011 808 0860 (Office Hours)
- If you believe that any information on this site is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be