Don’t let the title of this conversation fool you – John Vlismas is so much more than just a comedian…
This businessman, social commentator, and more shares his insights and feelings around a number of topics during this #WhatsTrending discussion that will leave you both chuckling and also thinking deeply and carefully about your businesses and careers.
During this show we look at:
- 2:30 – What good comedy can teach us about communication and team dynamics.
- 5:21 – How properly understanding polarization can assist us to make better, more informed decisions and judgement calls.
- 8:03 – Why arguments and controlled conflict are so important.
- 10:56 – What education is to John Vlismas.
- 13:40 – What is essential to truly understanding other people.
- 16:01 – How being generic damages your career.
- 18:09 – Where we find parallels in comedy and management / comedians delivery and management style.
- 20:02 – What ways we can use Resonance and Dissonance to engage those around us.
- 22:20 – How one deals with complexity and complex environments.
- 27:28 – What MBAs can teach and do for creative professionals.
- 29:09 – Why previously innovative individuals and organisations lose their way.
- 30:48 – How spending time with intelligent people can make a massive difference to your future growth
- And more.
Our guests and experts in the Henley Business Radio studio this week:
- John Vlismas – Comedian, Businessman, Social Commentator, and Founder of Wacked.
Thanks for listening!
Thank you for listening to the show! If you found anything we shared of value to you, then it will surely be of value to your friends as well, so please share using the share options below.
Please also feel free to comment, leave questions, or give us feedback below.